Flying Squirrels: Ages 6-8
Year Round. Semester, Monthly and Drop-in Registration available.
Through deep nature connection and full sensory immersion into their environment students are mentored into finding their strengths and 'medicine.'
The Village model allows students to thrive in a 1-to-5 adult to student ratio. Through the arts of questioning and storytelling, we meet students where they are, share their passions, and move forward with challenges and inspiration.
Flying Squirrels are exciting, energetic camps. New skills like carving, fire building, and flint knapping are balanced with lots of time for play and exploration.
Our Curriculum is The Sacred Order:
- Plants and Foraging
- Mammals, tracking, and biology
- Awareness, navigation, and preparedness
- Bushcraft and ancestral skills
We are professional naturalists, primitive technologists, and educators trained in Coyote mentoring. All of our staff is CPR/first aid certified with updated background checks.
The Village Model we embrace allows students to gravitate towards the skills and mentors they choose. While exploring the surrounding habitat, our groups always have one lead instructor and one trained assistant per every group of 10 students.
The village of Rocky Ripple is tucked between the White River, the canal towpath, the Riviera Club, and Butler University. White Pine campus is a primitive skills playground surrounded by riparian habitat, wildlife corridors, and parkland.
FOREST SCHOOL/SEASONAL BREAK DAY CAMPS
Long term multi-year mentoring relationships between students and their teachers make White Pine Forest School Camps an incredible learning opportunity.
- January - May: Wednesdays from 10:00am - 3:00pm / Fridays from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm.
- Please bring a lunch, water bottle and appropriate gear for the weather (we love Carhartt and Boggs in the winter and strap on sandals in the summer)
- Day Camps are available for drop in at a cost of $35-$40 per day, monthly registration at a 10%-15% discount, and semester registration at a 15%-20% discount
Flying Squirrel After School camps are a great way to let off some steam from the day, move, have fun, and focus.
- Every Thursday from late August to late May
- 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Cost is $20 per drop in with monthly and semester discounts.
- Flying Squirrels Summer Camps are weeklong day camps
- Camps meet from 9am to 3pm Monday - Friday
- There are four sessions to choose from: June 11-15, June 25-29, July 16-20, July 30-August 3
- Cost = $225